At the end of the day, the most overwhelming key to a child's success is the positive involvement of parents.
Jane D. Hull (Governor of Arizona 1997-2003)
Every year our PTFA (Parents Teachers and Friends Association) not only raise hundreds of pounds so that the school can purchase the extras that enrich our students' education, but also support the school in many different ways.
Obviously, every year, as students leave the school, so their parents tend to leave the PTFA and this means that we are always looking for new members.
If you feel that you can help to support the school in this way please either contact the school on 01977 781555 or simply come to our next meeting on Tuesday 25th April 2017 at 7pm in conference room 2 upstairs in school. You will be made very welcome.
A big thank you to everyone who entered our Easter Raffle, which raised over £150 for the PTFA.
The lucky winners are:
1st 3569 Carole Rogerson
2nd 2806 A Harding
3rd 1887 Cate Keller
4th 0041 Sarah Clarke
5th 2474 Mel Sutcliffe
6th 4378 Maureen Jackson
7th 2636 Amanda Holden
8th 2858 Hilary Mears
9th3630 Phil Chamberlain
10th 1927 Caroline Reape
11th 3568 Carole Rogerson
12th 1722 Senora Romero
We’ll be in touch to sort out giving you your prizes shortly.
Thank you again. Have a very Happy Easter
Our next PTFA meeting will be on Tuesday 25th April 2017 at 7pm in conference room 2 upstairs in school. We would be very pleased to meet any new members who wish to join our PTFA.
This year's events
Car boot sale Sunday June 11th.
Members of the PTFA preparing the tickets for the Easter Raffle
Message from the Chairman
See below how the PTFA has helped the school and your child's life at Carleton.
Everyone is welcome to our meetings.
Don’t worry it’s not a big commitment, it’s just what help, ideas, advice you can bring to the school whenever you can. We look forward to seeing you
Invitation to parents, carers, teachers, and, friends
- Car boot sales
- Summer Fairs
And we’ve been able to;
- Help the PE department with a new full size trampoline & rugby goalposts
- Help the school allotment with a lawn mower, pond liner and equipment
- Help the after schools kick boxing club
- Help the Performing Art department with costume costs
- Help the Languages department with recording equipment and dictionaries
- Help the Lunch Club with crafts materials
- Help the IT department with a new printer
- Help the Food Technology with equipment
- Help the library buy new books
- MFL entrance door mat
- Senior Ambassadors Ties
- Incubator for Science
The Parents, Teachers and Friends Association is vital for the funds that it raises to provide the extras that can so often improve learners' education. It is the way you can contribute to the school by attending the functions organised or contributing to the other fund raising ideas.
Every term we help the lunch club by providing resources.
December 2015 Helped the Design Technology Department buy a 3D Printer.
January 2016 Helped the Music Department buy Mini Keyboards.
January 2016 Helped the PE Department provide kit for the Year 7 Rugby League Team.
January 2016 Helped the English Department provide display boards in the teaching block.
Recently the PTFA have also provided funding for
- P.E. (Trampoline)
- The School Allotment (Lawn Mower and Pool Lining)
- The Lunchtime Club (Materials for art projects)
- Year 7 Pantomime Trip (Refreshments)
- Food Technology (Digital scales and various sets of kitchen equipment)
- Modern Foreign Languages (Digital Dictaphones and Language Dictionaries)
Below are some pictures of pupils benefitting from the hard work of the P.T.F.A.
To download a copy of the minutes please click on the relevant date below:-